[rhythms-L] New Features: New URLs and Short URLs

Andreas Schamanek schamane at fam.tuwien.ac.at
Sun Nov 21 23:55:06 CET 2004

Hi drummers,

After a little pause, I have again been working on the database engine
of my rhythms page. Now, single rhythm pages have new URLs, though the
old URLs are still valid (examples see below). And because the offical
URLs are rather long I have added inoffical short URLs. Examples:

  Rhythms For Djembe And Friends (main page, still the same URL)
  http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/~schamane/data/audio/rhythms/

  Details about e.g. Abioueka
  http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/~schamane/data/audio/rhythms/abioueka
  (old style: .../~schamane/data/audio/rhythms/rhythm?name=abioueka)

  Short URL for Abioueka (gets automaticly redirected to the above link)
  http://wox.at/rh/abioueka

The main address will not change any time soon. So, I thought, that
short URLs might be nice if one wants to forward the link of a rhythm
page in, for instance, an e-mail message. Nevertheless, the short URLs
are inofficial, which is why they are only hidden below the record
number at section 'Database entry'. (In the case of Abioueka this is
the link named '#5'.)
Mailing list subscribers are welcome to use the short URLs, of course.

Best regards,

--
-- Andreas